Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Essence--The Four Secrets of Longevity


The Four Secrets to Longevity

1.Energy balanced diet(do not consume more energy than you exert).

2.Physical activity.

3.Close knit human bonds,

4.A sense of purpose.

I like this list, I believe the author nails it as far as longevity. The big one for me and the one that I see over and over in other people is #4, a sense of purpose. People who have something they are passionate about doing, be it serving others, teaching, performing, etc., these are the people who live longer, and are most content. They have a quality and richness to their lives. I have, particularly as I've gotten older, had an interest in why people thrive and other seem to wither as they age.Having a purpose is the answer. I dare say that for many, a sense of purpose even makes up for their violating any one or more of the other 3 'secrets'.

In closing, is there a purpose to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment