Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Four Tenets of Athletic Bliss

I feel sorry for those who regard much of their training as being hard, unpleasant or worklike. I'll never forget a conversation I had with an outstanding runner from my hometown of Buffalo, New York, he said his training was like a job to him. I thought to myself, why train? I  no longer felt envious of his running success but glad that I wasn't him. It reinforced my belief that success in running couldn't be measured by time or how you finished. Thanks to C. Bergland for the following.

The Four Tenets of Running Bliss

1.Presence of positive emotions.

2.Physical pleasure.

3.Meaning or significance(you believe your activity is 'worthy' of your time and involvement).

4.Sense of achievement(no matter how small or insignificant that achievement may appear to others).

Live the life you love, do the things that are positive and edifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment