Saturday, August 17, 2013

With Age Comes New Challenges and Opportunities

I recently talked with a friend and he lamented that due to the passing of years he couldn't hit the racing times he once did. I told him new challenges and adventures awaited him, if, he changed his way of thinking and made some adjustments in his training.
I then gave this guy a few articles on Jack Lalanne that I had and reread from time to time. Jack was the real deal. He was a leader in the nutritional/physical fitness field who actually lived a long healthy life(that's not all that common by the way).  He had a passion for living that was infectious and nurtured by his total immersion in training and athletics. If you don't know much about Jack, do a Google search and be prepared to be inspired. With this blog I hadn't intended to post any pictures but I make this exception. Below, as you'll read, is Jack doing extended finger tip push-ups at age 80.
And we say we can't do what?

“Forget about what you used to do. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for.” Jack Lalanne
Read that again.  ”This is the moment you’ve been waiting for.”
An 80 Year Young Jack Lalanne ripping out finger tip push-ups.
 
25 minute tempo run--with stretching and weight work--after looking at Jack's picture two things came to mind--I should have done more and this is the time I've been waiting for.
How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment