Monday, July 15, 2013

Purpose--Have a Goal

It's easy to say we want to be at the top of our game mentally and physically but do we have a specific goal? Is there something we want to achieve? For instance---when I get to the right stage I'd like to challenge myself physically by running a fast 5 or 10k. Some of you might want to do something similar. Another thing I'd like to accomplish is have control over myself--the ability to resist less than healthy behaviors, thoughts and actions. I have found that we must have a clear stated idea of what we want if we are to have any hope of  achieving our goals. I use to ridicule the notion of keeping a journal or diary that chronicles one's progress. However,what I found over time was that the reason I did so was because I lacked the discipline to keep one myself. Many athletes and  people who are successful have kept journals, who was I to think I didn't need to? Interestingly, in the past, my big plans and goals eventually faded into obscurity when I went day to day and just sort of "winged" it. Taking a little time to write in a journal or a blog is a discipline and to reach your goals you must be disciplined. You must be disciplined in more than just setting a goal and keeping a daily record of your progress but for those who have never done so, it's a small step in the right direction More about that soon.
It's a full body lifting kind of day with stretching followed by a half hour walk barefoot in the park.
So, what are you doing?
I think we'll talk about alcohol, etc. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment