Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Take a Look at Yourself

Jack Lalanne once told his viewers to do this:Take your clothes off--stand in front of the biggest mirror in your house and take a look at yourself---do you like what you see? Are you happy with the way you look?
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who do this aren't. I know I'm not. Are my legs beginning to bow? What happened to the muscle tone? What's with the soft flesh around my middle?
I jogged for 30 minutes yesterday---I'll lift weights for about 30 minutes today---as we age we lose muscle mass and weight work is one way to slow that process. I'll do the lifting with very little rest between reps and sets. Also, I'll do sit-ups and stretching.The stretching is the basic--hands in the air reaching to the sky with alternate toe touching and bringing your knees up to your chest stuff. We also lose flexibility as we get older. We must achieve a mix of aerobic and strength work in our quest for optimal fitness.
So, what are you doing about yourself today?
The next post is about what being on top of your game brings--mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment